CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

In Peace

I am never sure how to start posts. Some come more easily then others. This one is going to be especially hard... This morning on my way to work my mom called me to let me know my Grandmother passed away this morning. I can't say it was a surpise, she warned me this weekend that the nurses at my grandmothers nursing home told the family to start making preperations but I didn't think it would happen that quickly. My grandmother, is my dad's mother. She is an amazing mother of 10 children. Only lord knows how she pulled that off. I can't imagine trying to manage more then one child let alone 10! Unfortunately most of my life I have not had the pleasure of really getting to know her. When I was around 10 years old my grandma developed dementia and was never really sure of who my dad was let alone who I was. It was really sad to see but we would sit with her and make her smile. I have to admit, that even through these last few years she scared me a little, not knowing who I was. I wasn't sure how to interact with her. Of course I never stopped loving her, she is family. I think what has always touched me the most is to see how my dad and his brothers and sisters cared for her so much. The hardest part about this is not going to be loosing my grandma, because I beleive she is much happier now but seeing my dad is what is going to break my heart. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry. So I am sitting at work taking one deep breath at a time trying to hold it together. Rest in peace Grandma Adele. I love you!!

1 comments:

Julie Ethington said...

Megan... I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. This will definitely be a difficult time for your dad... My heart goes out to him. I miss you and love you and I hope all is well!