CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Something I am thinking about...



So I am 24, and since I graduated from college life has been forever changing, quickly. Change has been happening not specifically in my life but, my life, and the life around me, my friends, my family all the different aspects that combine to make up my world. Maybe I focus more on the change now then I did before because I am not living from term paper to term paper or semester to semester but when I think about the last two years and how much I have learned I am amazed.


So I think I mentioned, maybe not, in my last blog how I feel like I am being left behind. It seems this year that everything is changing around me and I am still in the same place. A good friend just graduated from nursing school and is starting her new career and I couldn't be more excited for her. My old roommate M2 (Meaghan 2, a nick name she and I were given 5 years ago to distinguish who someone is talking to when we are together) finally got her feet on the ground and is grasping every opportunity offered to her in the career she chose for herself. She is an athletic trainer and is currently working at East High, interning for ReAL Salt Lake and one other place that I can't remember. My beloved Kiwi friend is moving back to New Zealand and taking her husband with her (another good friend) in August so she can be closer to her family. Then last of all my best friend and her boyfriend are moving to San Diego (again in August) for grad school. I on the other hand I am staying here, starting my 3rd year at Sundance, working 9-5 and feeling left behind. I was so caught up on not having anything change for me that I was really kind of sad about it. Happy for all my friends of course! But sad to loose them.


So finally last week my little change was presented to me and my head is over analyzing like it usually does. I went to Wendover with my friends and boy friend to celebrate a birthday and as we were walking from Montego Bay to the Golden Nugget my boyfriend mentioned that he didn't want to live with his two roommates anymore. I was a little shocked because he has been in college party mode pretty strong for the last few years and with all of our friends moving on, if he didn't live with his two roommates anymore I wasn't sure who he'd live with.. So I let it go until we got home at 4am that morning and tried to be sly bringing it back up. I asked him if he really meant that he didn't want to live with them again. He said yeah... then I said well then who would you live with?? (Duh Duh Duh Duhhhhhh). He hesitated and said, well... if its ok with you, you.


I was surprised for sure. In the last 3 months or so moving in together has been on my mind but more so in the distant future. Grant and I always joked around about things like, IF and WHEN we move in together we have to have solar panels on our house or a giant jetted soaker tub in the bathroom things that aren't really tangible right now but would be once he was done with school and had maybe been working for a few years. That and a few months a go when I started looking at houses online and I would show Grant house I liked something we talked about was how I want a house but I am not sure I want to live in one alone. He said something to the point that he would live with me but not yet.... which is why I was surprised.


So to wrap up a really long introduction I think Grant and I are going to be moving in together this summer. I think its a big change! In fact I think its a big deal but I am not sure if it really is. The friends I have told have said that's great good for you... but haven't really been into talking about it with me because they are all so busy with their own things. So to look for the advice I was hoping to talk out with my girlfriends I started looking at articles online. They can be freaking scary! I know the statistics for the number of couples that break up if they live together before they are married and those are pretty frightening but I have also seen the success stories that are a part of my life. My parents have been married for 27 years and lived together before they were married. Same with my aunt and uncle. They are coming up on 25 years of marriage and lived together for 3 years before they got married.


So we have to sit down and talk about why he wants to move in, what his expectations are, who cleans what and such, if he is doing it to save money or if he just wants to live with me to be with me kind of stuff. I know his heart is in the right place but I have this urge to totally drill him and his intentions to make sure that we aren't jumping into this too fast. I am trying to educate myself as much as I can on how living together can be a good thing and a bad thing so that we can make the best of it. I am going to say Yes I have no doubt about that I just want to make sure he and I are on the same page when I do it.


So cheers to my change. I am sure I will let you know how it goes.

0 comments: